I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

June 22, 2010

Marinated Olives -- Variation (p.49)

This is a variation on the Marinated Olives recipe I did earlier this year, but this one uses orange zest instead of lemon, and is a tiny bit spicier.

Combine black Greek olives (drained), orange zest, a chopped bay leaf, a thinly slice garlic clove, hot red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Mix together well and let the olives marinate for at least a few hours. I made mine this morning before work and let it sit all day becoming delicious.


And it was. The orange flavor is strong at first, but then the salty olive-ness shines through, and the garlic and pepper give it a nice kick. I am pleased.

I've lost my receipt. I'll update if I found it. I think the cost was approximately $6.00 for a half serving of this, with the majority of that price being the olives themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.