I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

July 28, 2011

Prosciutto-Wrapped Goat Cheese-Stuffed Figs

One of my coworkers picked a huge crop of figs from her trees this week and brought them into work to share. I searched around online to find a good way to prepare them for a board game night I was going to last night, and saw lots of delicious looking recipes involving goat cheese and prosciutto, both of which I love.

I cleaned the figs, cut the stems off, and chopped them each in half length-wise. Then I just pressed a little goat cheese into the center of each and closed them back up like sandwiches.


Wrap each fig in a small piece of prosciutto.


This part took me about 10 minutes to make, and then I just brought them over to our hosts house where I tossed them under the broiler. It probably only requires 2-3 minutes in the oven but I gave it extra time since raw prosciutto is a no-no during pregnancy.

I don't have any pictures because these went fast. They were delicious and a super speedy appetizer, and I'll totally make them again once our own figs ripen up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.