I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

July 25, 2011

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Pepper, Peach, and Sweet Onion Topping

Last summer I cut out this recipe from Our State magazine for a grilled pork tenderloin. Somehow I never made it, but when we got a batch of peaches from the CSA this past week I dug it back out to make for my mom, who was in town this weekend.

Since I was getting home a little late from picking my mom up at the airport, Matt started the prep work, dressing the pork tenderloins in olive oil, brown sugar, and cumin.


I cut the red pepper, peaches, and sweet onion into quarters and tossed them in olive oil for Matt to grill, which he did beautifully.


While he put the meat on the grill I waited for the fruits and veggies to cool down so that I could chop them into a salsa.


Once the meat was cooked we let it rest for a few minutes and then served it with the now cooled and chopped salsa.


It's a bad last photo, but this was absolutely delicious. We loved the sweetness of the peaches and the meat, and the smokiness of the vegetables gave the whole meal a really wonderful flavor. We ate this with corn on the cob, and gobbled up leftovers the next day. Tenderloin is kind of expensive, but I would definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.