I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

July 19, 2011

Guilt Free Desserts

I've had a major sweet tooth for the last couple of months, and seem to want ice cream all the time, so I've been on the lookout for some ways to satisfy my dessert-y desires without packing on the pounds.

I saw this recipe for White Chocolate Strawberry Popsicles on Better Than Burger's blog last week, and just needed to pick up a box of pudding to make it work.

I blended up my strawberries,


Made my pudding:


And assembled and froze the treats:


These were good, but the frozen strawberries really need to have a little sugar added to them to make it feel like a dessert. Next time I'll jazz up the strawberry part with some kind of sweetener and maybe a little lime juice. So, not perfect, but still a feasible dessert option!

The other recipe I've been loving lately is this Banana Ice Cream which has only one ingredient -- bananas. Somehow it's still sweet and creamy and completely refreshing!

And easy to make, to boot -- you just freeze bananas and then toss them in your food processor.


They get crumbly at first, but then become totally smooth and ice cream like.


I want this in my freezer all summer long.

Any other suggestions out there for some easy and guilt free recipes to quench my sweet tooth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.