I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

January 25, 2011

Spinach with an Andalucian Sauce (p. 336)

I've started to really enjoy cooked spinach, especially if it has some kind of kick to it, like this one does.

This recipe only took me a few minutes to make -- it's just cooked spinach combined with an Andalucian sauce made of the innards of soaked red chili peppers, olive oil, garlic, stale toasted bread crumbs, and paprika. Just blend them together in a food processor until they've created a paste and then stir the paste in to a hot skillet with the cooked spinach. Leave on low heat for about 10 minutes, covered, and then serve immediately!



I really liked this and ate pretty much the whole thing for lunch yesterday. The bread in the sauce makes the dish pretty filling and the heat from the peppers was just my style.

spinach -- 1.99 (on sale!)
Total Cost of Spinach with an Andalucian Sauce: $1.99
($1.99 per serving)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.