I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

November 8, 2010

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

We were supposed to have a neighborhood cookout on Saturday night, so Friday afternoon I took a few frozen burgers out to begin the thaw. Unfortunately, the party was canceled due to weather, but that didn't stop us from having a tasty cookout of our own.

I didn't have any plans to do anything special with the burgers (these were pre-formed buns, otherwise I would have mixed in some Worcester Sauce, seasonings, and crumbled blue cheese) but I wanted to try my hand at making some sweet potato fries with the potatoes in my fridge.

I found Paula Deen's recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Fries and decided to give it a go. I used some of the feedback in the reviews and cooked my potatoes for about 5 minutes in the microwave before baking them to remove some of the starch, and also pre-heated a baking sheet in the oven so that the fries would start to cook immediately.

I only made about a quarter recipe of the house seasonings that the recipe called for, and hopefully I'll have reason to use them again.


I cut my fries super-skinny too, into little shoe strings, so that they would get a little crunchier.


These aren't as crunchy as they would have been if they were actually fried, but they're still delicious. I used a lot of seasoning before baking them, and they have a great flavor. Matt was nervous when he heard I was making sweet potato fries, but he ended up liking them possibly even more than I did, and we both gobbled them right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.