I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

July 4, 2010

Pork, Pickles, & Peanuts!

My husband works for Duke Homestead, and they're gearing up for a big event next weekend -- Pork, Pickles, & Peanuts! Things on their to-do list this week included purchasing 100 pounds of pork shoulder (check!, and see picture below), obtaining a cow bladder for a historical cooking demonstration (check!), and tracking down judges for their BBQ cook-off (yum!).


I'm pretty excited because they're also accepting entries in the categories of Pies, Pickles, and Preserves. I'm going to spend this weekend perfecting my apple pie recipe so that I can enter it next week -- see details to come about that in another post.

For anyone local, you should come to this event. It's part of their Second Saturdays series, which brings fun events to all NC Historic Sites during the second Saturday of each summer month. I went to the one last month, which was an Herb and Craft festival, and it was pretty awesome. You can purchase great local crafts, try delcious icecream made in using a lawn mower motor, and enjoy historical cooking demonstrations.

See you there? It's 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. next Saturday (July 10th) at Duke Homestead in Durham, NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.