I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

May 19, 2010

Carrots in a Chermoula Sauce (p. 306)

Tonight I just needed to make a side to bring to my friend Meg's for dinner, so I chose Carrots in a Chermoula Sauce because I already had everything for the chermoula sauce, having made it earlier this week to go on squash.

So, yeah, this is the exact same sauce, this time on carrots (and I also threw in some zucchini, because I had one in my fridge.) The carrots are peeled and cut into two inch chunks and then put into boiling water that just covers them for about 15 minutes, until they are tender. For the zucchini, I cut it into about the same size and sauteed it in olive oil for about 8 minutes. The carrots and zucchini are then drained and mixed with the chermoula sauce, and left to marinate for about a half an hour before eating.


Cooked carrots are still not my favorite, and at this point probably never will be, but the chermoula sauce can make me forget that. And the zucchini was also a nice distraction.

carrots -- $.99
zucchini -- $2.20
Total Cost of Carrots in a Chermoula Sauce: $3.19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.