I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

February 9, 2011

Everyday Granola

I've been dying for homemade granola lately, so I emailed my friend Sarah over at a Little Fancy to ask for her favorite granola recipes. She sent me several and I decided on Everyday Granola from Bon Appetit because I didn't want anything too fancy.

It calls for shredded coconut, which I generally don't love but decided to include anyway. Sarah recommended that I pre-toast the coconut and oats, so I popped them in the oven for about 10 minutes before mixing in the honey mixture.


Once I mixed everything together with the spices and put it in the oven it smelled amazing. It also cooked much, much faster than the recipe said it would; after just 20 minutes it was already pretty brown and I was worried it would burn (or had already), so I took it out to cool.

Once cool, I mixed in the fruits, and then Matt and I sat there and gobbled it up. It definitely did burn, a little bit, but it's still delicious and we'll still finish it right up.


I ate it on my yogurt this morning and was quite the happy camper.


I'll make this again, but play around with the temperature and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.