I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

August 5, 2010

Neopolitan Christmas Eve Spaghetti with Walnuts (p. 208)

It's not Christmas Eve, but I had every ingredient for this recipe in my pantry, so I made it anyway.

Toss your walnuts in a very hot oven for about 6 minutes, until they have darkened some and are giving off a scrumptious aroma. When you remove them let them cool for a few minutes and then dump them into a towel. Rub the towel over them to remove most of the flaky skin and then throw the pieces in the food processor to be finely processed.


While your spaghetti is cooking create the sauce -- just sauté minced garlic in olive oil until it is soft and then add chopped anchovies to melt down for flavor.


Mix in the walnut dust for about a minute.


Toss with the spaghetti and top with parmesan!


This was simple and tasty and a nice alternative to all the tomato-based sauces we've been having lately.

And now I'm off to New Orleans for five days, so expect a post on fantastic NOLA eats when I get back!

Total Cost of Neopolitan Christmas Eve Spaghetti with Walnuts: Free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.