I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

March 1, 2010

Sizzling Cabbage with Garlic (p. 301)

Oh, cabbage. You're not my favorite. 

This was my first attempt at doing anything with cabbage, the reason for that being it's not something I enjoy very much. And it makes your house a little smelly.

This recipe called for two cabbages, but since neither my husband or myself are crazy about them, I halved the recipe and just used one. Your quarter the cabbage and boil it for a bit, then toss it in the oven for a few minutes after covering it with an olive oil and garlic mixture.


Salt and pepper are the keys to making this actually kind of tasty. I wouldn't make it again, per se, but I'm not completely dreading the leftovers. Perhaps my mind has been changed on the worth of a cabbage.

cabbage -- $2.00

Cost of Sizzling Cabbage with Garlic: $2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.