I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

September 20, 2011

Sausage Feta Quiche

I was watching reruns on the Food Network the other day and got all mouth watery over this Double Double Bacon Cheese Quiche. Really I was just excited about quiche in general, so tonight for dinner I threw together a Sausage Feta Quiche. And I do mean threw together. It was super easy.

I had some frozen sausage patties that I picked up at Costco last week, so I cooked those on the stove top.


At the same time, I sauteed chopped white onion in olive oil.


These were mixed together, along with Feta (thanks Costco, for that, as well) and spooned into a cooked pie pastry.


Then I poured in a couple of beaten eggs mixed with milk, pepper, and some garlic.


I baked this at 350 for about 40 minutes, let cool briefly, and then served it with a nice light salad of mixed greens.


This was lovely. The sausage is spicy, so it gave a nice kick to the quiche that was mellowed out some by the feta. Also, it reminded me how easy it is to make quiche with pretty much whatever you have in your pantry. Quiches may become a go-to meal for us in coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.