I've cooked my way through all 264 recipes
in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook!

February 25, 2010

Thank You, Amazon Prime.

I was hoping to do this project just using the cookbook from the library, but I have since realized that I need to be able to write on the pages and keep track of which recipes I've done (a big no-no in library-owned copies, thank you very much), so I've caved and purchased the book.

Thanks to a lovely trial membership that my husband has with Amazon Prime, I got my copy yesterday. It's nice and shiny and I love it. And now I can keep track of my recipes!

   

Also, I'm considering joining a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture, for those of you not in the lingo) called The Produce Box which would bring fresh fruits and veggies to my doorstep weekly. Has anyone done anything like this before? I'd love to be able to use it to make some of the veggie recipes that are coming up, but I'm worried I'll get box after box of sweet potatoes, or something else that I wouldn't be able to do much Mediterranean-style cooking with. 

I've emailed them for a list of the contents of this week's box, hoping that'll give me a better idea of what I'd be getting into. In the mean time, if you've had experience with these types of programs, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I have friends who have done CSAs and love them. There are different kinds. There's one in Nashville that's more like shopping--they send you a list each week of what's available and you pick out what you want from that list. My friends in DC had one where it was more, you get what they have with little choice--they just send it to you. Maybe you could look around and find one that has more selection available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I need to keep looking around. There's a lot that I like about this one, but they haven't been fabulous about email communication, which I need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Love, Katrina.